Sunday, April 7, 2013

Afterthoughts

Hello :)

Well it feels weird to have that project done ! It was quite intensive near the deadline....

As Janette said, I don't feel like I improved a lot in English. It helped me realize that when I am conscious that I have to speak English I get tensed and forget my vocabulary more, whereas when with friends, outside, doing something, words come easier ! So, in class, when I'll (hopefully) be a teacher and that I'll have to be cautious to speak good English grammar/vocab/conjugation... Well :) teaching is not something you do because you like it and have certain facilities for, but also a responsibility ! Giving the class quality, materials they can understand and challenging enough to keep them interested !

Creating that story helped me realize that a teacher, no matter how much he/she knows, no matter how many years he/she's been abroad, he'll have to be at the students'l level to help them growing in understanding !
It is hard to know what others don't know ;)
And what we did was only for 9-10 y.old kids ! What is it to teach to beginners or advanced !

I really liked that experience ! Not only I learned that I could use Gimp for drawing :) (first time using it...) but now when I see a children book, I have a little glimpse of how much work was needed to achieve in making a book of good quality !

As a teamwork, it was good to be in that "hardship" together ^^
Yes it was hard ! But it was fun, it taught us a lot and it was the less boring work of the week !

Janette summed up well my thoughts too :) I'll just add that I can't wait to have the feedback from the teacher !

No comments:

Post a Comment