Monday, April 1, 2013

Personal thoughts

Language, Pedagogy and Technology 


Perhaps my language skill didn't increase for this option but it did in general thanks to Word Reference. This dictionary is very useful because of it content: words are translated, defined, given in examples, you have great amounts of expressions in which the word can be used and the pronunciation ! 
One of the best online dictionaries :) 

This semester was "creative pedagogy" if I may say that. Because the only thing we had to do was creating a story for children by the means of technology. Using technology for our generation is easy since we understand how it works but the difficulty comes from each individual. After this year (yep ! school is practically over) i realized that  being a teacher is not easy.
If I had to do this project on my own I would probably fail due to my lack of time (and the drawing too )! Time commitment is essential because we have personal things to do and other subjects and this project needed extra time. So I guess this is something teachers face on a daily bases : dedication of personal time to create lesson plans, activities etc ...  

The most difficult thing in the project was being able to find the appropriate (simple) vocabulary and short sentences that the students would understand. Students have different levels and understanding abilities and you have to  find a way to reach each student and that was challenging. Do they know this word? Isn't it to difficult ? ... were questions we always had to have in mind.  

What else can I say ? ... hmm 
My voice .. I will never be an actress! My voice was really awful on these recordings and speaking loud and clear have always been my major problem this is why I will never be a teacher. 
Teaching is firstly a gift and everyone isn't gifted :)  



2 comments:

  1. Hi !

    Well, I wanted to say that your story was awesome ! I really liked it ! :)
    Moreover, the animals are a great subject for children.

    About your post, we felt the same about the words to include in the story. That was quite difficult at the beginning, we put too much words and then we had to cut some. And that is not that easy to teach children when your level is really higher :).
    But all the work paid, you did it after all, and you did well !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's nice of you, thanks for the compliment. By the way I liked your story too :D

    ReplyDelete