Monday, April 1, 2013

What makes an effective team ?

How did we organize ?

We only met four times out of class (hope I have that right). Once at the library, twice at Cecile's and once at Johanna's. 
When we finally finished our story lines and we had our goals things were much easier. Everyone understood the tasks they had to do, so we did some of the work separately and met  only to combine things together and change what needed to be changed. 
We had a great time laughing, eating and working together :)  

Who did what ? 


I'll start by saying that we are a great team!
We all participated in finding the story and at a point we even changed most of it so that it would be easier to be drawn. Thou all of us tried drawing (which was a huge failure for me !), we all did the "Fiche pédagogique"  and we all spoke for a character, we knew how to use each other qualities and combined them to do something good. 
What I mean by that is :  
Cecile is talented, she can draw: so she was our artist ! 
Johanna has a clear loud voice: so she was the voice for our main character (Kitty) and she came up with the best activities so she was responsible for them. 
And me, I have skills for image manipulation: so I manipulated the images. 
We complete each other :)


I did this with Photofitre : 



       Cecile drew this then transferred it to Gimp and colored it :  


And together we did that !! 


As a team we knew how to listen to each other (critics or positive aspects) and the only thing I would change if I could is : start working much earlier !!!!!! I never thought drawing could take so much time and patience but we managed to finish on time :) 

Collaboration was a success ! 



1 comment:

  1. Yes it was FUN :)

    It was also encouraging to see the tasks were well divided, I must say that at first I felt like I had the most tedious part of the work, but in fact each one of us had different equal tasks, and I only did like 50% of the drawings, the other slides were made by Janette :) so it was nice to rely on each other !

    Also to be an efficient team we all had to drop some of our individual ideas so that we could agree as a group ! Sometimes it was a little bit frustrating to see that all our ideas were rejected (I remember one Monday we didn't do much because we could not agree...). We had to do some compromise or to just let it rest for a few days and come back to it later !

    I think that you have better results when a project is well thought, that you give yourself time, and learn to put aside your ideas ! (and often you realize afterwards how over the top certain of them were!!!)

    ReplyDelete